Natural Gas is Not Renewable. Bioheat® Fuel is.
There’s a better way to heat your home - Bioheat fuel, made with renewable biodiesel produced in the USA to build energy independence. The future is now with this cleaner renewable fuel.
Before you switch to gas to heat your home, make sure you have all the facts about today's clean, renewable heating oil.
Upgrade and Save
- Upgrading to higher-efficiency Oilheat equipment can reduce usage by 30-40%.
- Upgrading your current heating system costs thousands of dollars less than switching to natural gas.
- Same-fuel upgrades can usually be completed in one day, using one company for all the work, without any damage to your property.
- Replacing and repairing individual pieces of equipment rather than the entire heating system can also result in substantial reductions of your energy use.
Today's Home Heating Fuels:
Ultra-Low Sulfur Heating Oil
- Ultra-Low Sulfur Heating Oil reduces sulfur particulates to 15 ppm, 99 percent less than traditional heating oil.
- Many states across the Northeast mandate the use of low sulfur or ultra-low sulfur heating oil.
- Bioheat® fuel is a blend of renewable biodiesel and traditional heating oil.
- Bioheat® fuel is differentiated by the amount of biodiesel - a B2 blend is 2 percent biodiesel a B20 blend is 20 percent biodiesel, B100 is pure biodiesel
- Biodiesel blends at 20% (B20) with ultra-low sulfur heating oil (ULSHO) are lower in Greenhouse Gas Emissions (GHG) than natural gas when evaluated over 100 years, while blends of 2% (B2) or more are lower in GHG than natural gas when evaluated over twenty years.
- Basic burner operation with Bioheat® fuel blends of B20 is the same as with unblended heating oil.
- The growing Bioheat® market could be responsible for as much as $3 billion in economic impact, 11,160 jobs, and nearly $500 million in wages.
- Bioheat® fuel lubricates your heating system so it will need less maintenance - some heating oil dealers even offer lower-cost maintenance programs for customers using Bioheat® fuel.
- Many states have passed - or are considering - Bioheat® fuel mandates
- The biomass used to produce biodiesel come from a wide range of biomass stocks.
- Learn more about Bioheat® fuel.
Local Dealers - Service First
- Oilheat companies are usually local, family-owned businesses that have deep roots in the community.
- Oilheat dealers usually offer 24/7 emergency service
- Natural gas utilities often repair pipelines only, and do not service your heating equipment
- Your heating oil dealer probably offers equipment installation, regular maintenance, and service contracts
- When there's a problem, you'll speak with a person - not a machine - and often the owner - at the heating oil company.
- If you are unhappy with service or price from a heating oil dealer, you have the freedom to switch to another company.
Get more information about clean, renewable and reliable heating oils.