Convert Your Thinking              

August 10th, 2009:

Gas Leak Sparks Fires, Explosion at Church

American Energy Coalition - August 10th, 2009

Firefighters say a natural gas leak sparked a fire outside a church in Timnath, Colo. and an explosion that caused another fire inside the church, according to an Associated Press account. Firefighters say a contractor working on street construction hit a natural gas line around 8:45 a.m. Saturday, and leaking gas sparked a fire outside Timnath Presbyterian Church. Leaking gas apparently found another ignition source inside, sparking the explosion and second fire before emergency crews arrived.

Follow Us!

Please be sure to follow the American Energy Coalition on Twitter (@AEC_Education) and like us on Facebook. We'll help you stay abreast of the latest news about America's energy policies and supplies.

Tags

  • E-Alert
  • 2009 News