A gas leak is suspected in a double explosion that leveled a St. Louis home, according to a St. Louis Post-Dispatch account. A woman who escaped moments before the house exploded told a neighbor she had smelled gas inside. No one was injured in the blasts, but two cats and a dog perished. Fire Capt. David Neighbors said that the owner of the home opened her front door and the house exploded about 11:45 a.m. The firefighters evacuated neighbors on both sides of the home. A thick cloud of smoke made it difficult for firefighters to breathe. Bricks and rubble were all that remained at the home site.