Convert Your Thinking              

August 5th, 2009:

Restaurant Evacuated for Gas Leak

American Energy Coalition - August 5th, 2009

Gas from an extinguished pilot light forced the evacuation of a Portsmouth, N.H., restaurant, according to an account in Foster's Daily Democrat. Nobody was injured in the incident, but emergency responders did find high levels of gas in the building at 107 Congress Street. Assistant Fire Chief Steve Achilles said he had no idea how long the pilot light had been out, but noted they are always concerned that such a situation could turn explosive with the right mixture of gas, oxygen and a possible ignition source such as an open flame or light switch.

Follow Us!

Please be sure to follow the American Energy Coalition on Twitter (@AEC_Education) and like us on Facebook. We'll help you stay abreast of the latest news about America's energy policies and supplies.

Tags

  • E-Alert
  • 2009 News