Convert Your Thinking              

July 15th, 2009:

Toddler, Mother Injured in explosion; Gas Leak Suspected

American Energy Coalition - July 15th, 2009

A natural gas leak may have caused an explosion that injured a Hazel Park, Mich., woman, her 2-year-old daughter and her brother and destroyed the family's two-story home, according to an account in the Detroit Free Press. Two of the victims were taken to Detroit Receiving Hospital for burn treatment. The explosion was under investigation Wednesday, but Hazel Park Fire Chief Ray DeWalt said he believes it was caused by a natural gas leak inside the house.

Follow Us!

Please be sure to follow the American Energy Coalition on Twitter (@AEC_Education) and like us on Facebook. We'll help you stay abreast of the latest news about America's energy policies and supplies.

Tags

  • E-Alert
  • 2009 News