Convert Your Thinking              

February 2nd, 2010:

Gas Blast Injures Elderly Couple

American Energy Coalition - February 2nd, 2010

An elderly Irving, Texas, couple is hospitalized - one of them clinging to life - following yet another natural gas explosion in North Texas, according to a story on WFAA.com. Relatives say Joseph and Peggy Manthiey never smelled a thing before being blown out of bed early Sunday morning. Atmos Energy crews have since discovered probable culprit, a major leak on a service line across the street from the Manthiey's home. While that leak has been repaired, crews are still working up and down the block finding more. Neighbor Kayla Rice said Atmos Energy crews found a leak in her front yard. "It bothers me that they won't give me any information and tell us anything," she complained. "They are in our front yard working all day long, but they won't say anything."

Follow Us!

Please be sure to follow the American Energy Coalition on Twitter (@AEC_Education) and like us on Facebook. We'll help you stay abreast of the latest news about America's energy policies and supplies.

Tags

  • E-Alert
  • 2010 News