A retired Pennsylvania State Police Officer recounts a December 8th 1968 natural gas pipeline explosion that leveled the Paris Inn in Middletown Township that took two lives. In a recent story featured on PhillyBurbs.com, Officer James F. Kesler retells the 43 year old story as he takes to task the Natural Gas Industry for not maintaining its aging infrastructure.
Cast iron gas piping that was blamed for that incident has also been blamed for numberous other explosions in recent years. Kesler sited a number of examples of poor pipeline safety maintenance issues, including:
Kesler, in retelling the story of the people, and tavern, that he knew that were lost 43 years ago, comments on an industry that doesn't seem to care about the human toll resulting from a neglected gas pipeline infrastructure.
To read more about this story and a link to original PhillyBurbs.com article visit the AEC web site at "americanenergycoalition.com" and click on the "IN THE NEWS" button. And while you're on the Web Site please consider becoming an AEC Member Contributor by clicking on the "Donate Now" button and making a contribution to help support AEC.